FREE STANDARD SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $75+ || AFTERPAY AVAILABLE
A Guide to Brewing with an Aeropress (Inverted method)
Posted on November 24 2021,
While it’s possible to brew an Aeropress to maximise flavour profiles for lighter filter style roasts, our guide will focus on a recipe to mimic espresso brewed at pressure. For brewing multiple cups this recipe can be doubled.
Here’s our espresso style Aeropress brew guide!
- Dose - 20g
- Total Brew Weight - 100g
- Water Temp - 91 Degrees
You will need:
- Aeropress cap
- Paper filter
Our Coffee Recommendation:
- Place single paper filter in cap and rinse with boiled water.
- Pour coffee into the brew chamber.
- Pour 40g of water on top of coffee, then stir with paddle for 15 seconds.
- Allow to bloom for 30 seconds.
- Pour remaining 60g water into brew chamber, gently stir and place cap with rinsed filter on top.
- Allow to brew until 2:15 minutes, carefully flip the aeropress with vessel upside down.
- Gently press plunger down until resistance is met, do not press so hard as to compact the coffee bed.