FREE STANDARD SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $75+ || AFTERPAY AVAILABLE
A Guide to Brewing With a French Press
Posted on February 02 2022,
The good old french press is a great and simple way to brew a good coffee at home. It’s a classic brew method that has stood the test of time because it’s easy to assemble, brew in and clean. Not to mention forgiving, user errors while brewing can be harder to identify and a good cup can always be delivered.
Being an immersion brew method, the french press generally produces a fuller flavour in the cup. Pair that with a big bodied Pogo Coffee espresso product and you’re onto something magical!
Here is our simple and no fuss brew guide for a french press!
You will need:
- French Press
Our Coffee Recommendation:
- Boil fresh water as hot as possible
- Dose coffee into press, we recommend a 1:16 coffee to water ratio (e.g. approx. 65g coffee in a 1 Litre press)
- Start by pouring enough water to saturate the coffee bed, stir gently with spoon and let bloom for 30 seconds
- Pour the remaining water to fill press, place lid on top and let sit for 4 minutes
- Gently press the filter down until resistance is felt
- Serve immediately to avoid over extraction